Tuesday 1 August 2017

Art Journal Calendar - August 2017

Hello Everyone!

I just spent a messy, painty morning making my calendar page for the coming month of August.


I was inspired by my recent mark-making adventures, and used my favourite Dina Wakley paint colours (turquoise, magenta, lime & tangerine), with some of Dina's stamps. I added some marks with paint pens, and the journalling boxes were painted with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Mermaid paint. This gives a nice smooth and matte surface to write on. I finished with some doodles around the boxes, and quotes about August around the edges of the pages.

I'm entering my calendar pages over at Art Journal Journey, where Jo from Let's Art Journal is hosting this month with the theme 'Poetry in Motion'.

Thanks for dropping by,

Alison x 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, the background you created with those amazing colours of paint are spectacular! Thanks for the tip about the smooth finish you can achieve with the PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint too 😁. I loved reading all the August quotes around your calender page particularly "Breathe the sweetness that hovers in August" and "August is the Sunday of summer". I'm so pleased to see you joining in the fun with me at Art Journal Journey! To use your quotes ... lol ... wishing you an awesome, different, surprising and calm August too 😉. Happy new week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours of your fantastic pages and the doodeling is so artsy! Great to welcome you to Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey Alison, would be great to see some other of your unique art this month at the Challenge Blog♥
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow,i love your beautiful calendar pages,fantastic clors and doodeling,its very artsy,love this :-)
    happy week,dear alison.

    jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pages Ali. Never thought about making marks until I saw your recent artwork. So effective and makes everything unique. Lovely colour combo by the way.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful the Journal Calendar with coloures effective and doodle!
    Have a good week
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant calendar spread.
    xxx Hazel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.