Wednesday 20 September 2017

Another HeArt Journal Page

Hi Everyone!

Today I did a page in my little 7x5" journal, inspired by Kasia's week 17 class on Wanderlust, where she asked us to go small. As I looked back in my journal after I'd finished, I noticed that my last three pages have hearts as the focal point. It surprised me a little. Anyway, here's today's page...


My page started with some splatters of Glimmer Mist, then I added a vanilla chai teabag paper. This smelt very good every time I used my heat gun! I'd had to trim my 'Peace' page to fit into another journal, so I cut up the strips and glued them down. Then I added a cut out heart, and out-lined with blue Gelatos. All wrong, so I removed the heart, then filled in the space with red Gelato and Aged Scarlet Frantage embossing enamel. Much better! I finished with doodles and splatters. The writing reads..."wherever you go, go with all your heart".



Thanks for dropping by,

Alison x



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Alison. Perhaps that's what they call 'Journaling with heart'?! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page! I love the Glimmer mist and how you used the edges you trimmed off your Peace page 😁. Mmm, I bet the Vanilla Chai smelt wonderful. Your red gelato and embossing enamel heart and quote are amazing too. Hope you are having a lovely week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab heart page - the textures are great! Thank you ver much for linking again to Art Journal Journey dear Alison!
    Happy rest of the week for you!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a gorgeous page Alison, the heart looks amazing against a background of wonderful textures and colour. Thank you so much for adding this to the Art Journal Journey theme.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, stunning page! The delicate teabag paper, the stripes of colour, the gilded texture on the heart... altogether wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful page Alison.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely texture. Another wonderful project Ali.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.